BODY SHAMED

BODY SHAMED






A typical definition of body-shaming is an act of making inappropriate and negative comments about another person's weight or size but actually, body-shaming is much above this. The person gets so disturbed both emotionally and mentally. He/She losses his/her confidence and try to hide from people's eyes. It's a form of bullying and should be stopped but the fact is it is practiced openly. In India people body shame you and then say that they were just concerned ohh really … We don't want such concern. Here gossips ladies chit-chat about other's sons/daughters and just abuse them and they are building this mindset for their children as well which is really contemptible.

No one is perfect, some people are beautiful from outside and some beautiful from inside but if someone is not as beautiful as another that does mean he/she will be mocked. I am a normal person with normal features but my eldest cousin is really beautiful she has perfect features and a nice personality and having all this makes her highfalutin,
 rather a way too proud. She always directly or indirectly body shames everyone. I didn't encounter her much but last year i
n our uncle's engagement we met and she body-shamed me by saying that I need to put some weight and so on, I heard from others that she has a sour tongue but that day I saw it myself as it was the first time I didn't responded and just ignored her.
After an hour or so I saw her talking to my mom and I just don't want her to say anything to my mom as my mom out of concern will keep saying those things to me again and again so I went to them and as I guessed she was filling my mom's mind with crap. Now I confronted her and explained to her that everyone is beautiful in their own way she should stop this thing immediately but she turned deaf ears.

She didn't want to understand but through this blog, I want to tell you that a person knows what is not good for him/her you should not point that out repeatedly. It might happen he/she takes your ill words very seriously and can be mentally harmed, accept the person the way he/she is, and if you can't then that your mentality. Don't see only the body look through the soul and you will find a really beautiful and pure human there.


THANK YOU
Archie

Comments

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for reading :)
Leave your comment here...

Popular Posts